Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A fun and easy grilled chicken recipe. You could also broil these.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion, optional for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken in a plastic Ziplock bag or a glass pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and ginger. Pour this marinade over chicken.
- Chill and allow the chicken to marinate for 6 - 8 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Lightly oil grill.
- Grill marinated chicken (discarding marinade) for 6-8 minutes per side or until done.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped green onions, if desired.
This was yummy. It was simple and good. Thanks Parsley for sharing. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.
DH was not too sure about this recipe when I told him yesterday. But when he ate it, he told me 5 stars. He loved it. It's really good. I let the chicken in the marinade a good 8 hours. Thanks Parsley :) Made for All you can cook buffet
This would have been a 5, but the "marinade" was way too thick. I would have had to paste it on. At another reviewer's suggestion, I added some chicken broth to thin it out a little (and more soy sauce). I used white vinegar and no pepper flakes. It marinaded for over 24 hours and bcz it's a blizzard outside, I cooked at 375 for 40 minutes (the breasts were large). My 7 yo (who doesn't want meat lately) ate it without a problem. Everyone liked it. Tagged in Fav's of 2009. I tried the leftover sauce (unused) on a salad and it was awesome! Going in my salad cookbook too.