Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
My son, Everett thought I should post this recipe. He thinks that all 9yr olds should know how to make these!
- 4 slices bread (your favorite)
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter, divided (chunky or smooth)
- 4 teaspoons jelly, divided
- 1⁄8 cup chocolate chips, divided
- cooking cooking spray
- Spread 1 tbsp peanut butter on each piece of bread.
- Spread 2 tsp jelly on 2 of the 4 pieces of bread with peanut butter on them.
- Sprinkle each piece of bread with jelly with 1/2 of the chocolate chips and top with a piece of bread with only peanut butter.
- You should have 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, each with chocolate chips in them.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Quickly spray each side of the sandwiches with your cooking spray.
- Place in hot pan and grill until golden brown.
- Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool for a couple minutes so kids tongues don't get burned.
This was delicious but the jelly I used (seedless spreadable fruit) completely liquefied and came pouring out of the sandwich when I picked it up. I've made grilled pb&j before and not had that problem so I'm assuming it was the type of jelly. This was so good, though, I didn't really care about the puddle of jelly LOL but will definitely use a different kind next time. I used mini-chocolate chips and want to try this again on raisin bread instead of the wheat bread I used this time. Thanks for the recipe!
I liked this sandwich! They remind me of the other Grilled PB & J Sandwich recipe that is posted here, minus the chocolate chips. Thanx for the recipe Brandy!
This is one of my favorites! It is perfect for a rainy day lunch, and the chocolate chips are a fantastic addtion. Thanks for sharing, Carrie