Recipe by Margie99
This is a sandwich that my Dh used to make when he was a kid. Crunchy, gooey and sweet, how can you go wrong. If you have a good nonstick skillet you can skip the butter and just brown it in the dry pan.
- 2 slices whole grain bread
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon jelly or 1 -2 tablespoon jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread 1 teaspoon margarine on each slice of bread. On the unbuttered side spread peanut butter on one piece and jelly on the other. Put the peanut butter and jelly sides together.
- Heat a skillet on medium high heat until warm. Put the sandwich in the pan, butter side down. Cook until golden grown then turn and brown the other side. Enjoy.