Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Epicurious had this posted from Bon Appetit August 2003 Carey Paquette, Arlington, VA Too Busy To Cook? I did add my touch to it! Just in time for summer peaches.
- 6 firm but ripe large peaches, peeled,halved,pitted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup my choice brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream or 1 cup my choice vanilla ice cream
- 3⁄4 cup caramel sauce, warmed
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Arrange peach halves, cut side up, on baking sheet; sprinkle peaches with sugar,cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Let stand until sugar begins to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Place peaches on grill, sugared side down.
- Grill until tender and slightly charred, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer peach halves to plates.
- Using electric mixer, beat whipping cream in bowl until peaks form; fold in 1/4 cup warm caramel sauce just until streaks appear.
- Spoon caramel whipped cream alongside peaches.
- Serve, passing remaining caramel sauce.
Sooooo yummy! Served with ice cream and caramel sauce. Delicious and will definitely make again. I think next time some roasted pecans or some butter pecan ice cream would go perfectly!
These were very good! I used homemade Vanilla Sugar that I keep in the pantry and made the Whipped Cream from scratch. DH ate his first while I was taking pictures ;) and thought it needed a little texture. We started talking about a few nuts or oatmeal or something when he said Graham Cracker crumbs. Just happen to have some so I ran to the pantry and gave mine a little sprinkling. That did the trick! Will do again. Thanks!
Very very yummy! I loved peached this way. Thanks Rita for this simple and yummy recipe :)