Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love this dessert because of all the different textures you get in one mouthful. Sweet, sticky peaches with cool, creamy yogurt and crisp nutty brittle.
- 100 g caster sugar
- 25 g shelled pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 4 ripe peaches, halved and stoned
- 4 tablespoons port wine
- 2 tablespoons red currant jelly
- 200 g Greek yogurt
- Preheat the grill to high. Line a baking tray with a silicon liner. Sprinkle two thirds of the sugar into the base of a heavy based pan, sprinkle over the pistachio nuts and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the mixture is a golden colour. Immediately pour the mixture onto a lined baking tray and leave to cool and harden.
- Meanwhile, put the peaches, cut side up, into an ovenproof dish. Warm the port and redcurrent jelly together in a small pan until runny. Pour over the peaches. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the peaches and grill for 8-10 minutes until sticky and golden.
- Spoon the peaches and sauce onto individual serving plates. Spoon a dallop of yogurt at the side. Roughly break up the pistachio brittle and scatter over the top.