Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Top with scoops of vanilla ice cream and a couple of shortbread cookies if you like. Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit, August 2007.
- 2 1⁄4 cups lightly packed fresh raspberries (about 13 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 6 medium ripe but firm peaches, halved, pitted
- Puree 2 1/4 cups fresh raspberries along with 3 tablespoons water in food processor until puree is smooth.
- Strain raspberry puree through fine-mesh strainer, pressing on solids to release as much liquid as possible; discard solids in strainer.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice until blended.
- (Fresh raspberry sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate).
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat).
- Melt butter with brown sugar in heavy small skillet over medium heat.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Brush peach halves all over with melted butter mixture.
- Grill until tender, about 8 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Serve with sauce.
Delicious! I did tinker with this a little bit. I wanted to halve the butter (actually tub margarine), and add a little cinammon (3/4 tsp) and rum (1.5 TBSP), so I made foil packets and put everything in the center of the peach. I also tripled the brown sugar. What a wonderful barbecued peach melba!!