Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was in the newspaper from Allrecipes.com. I am not sure how to classify this dish. It may be a dessert since there is sugar and cheese or it could be a salad. "A rose by any other name..." * UPDATE: I saw Bobby Flay make this on a TV show yesterday and he added tiny greens on top of the peach halve drizzled olive oil and the balsamic and the blue cheese and served it along side pork chops so it seems like a side dish!
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 large fresh peaches, with peel, halved and pitted
- 2 1⁄2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir together the sugar, balsamic vinegar .
- Simmer until liquid has reduced by half, it should become slightly thicker.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place peaches cut side down onto the grill, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the flesh is toasted.
- Turn peaches over. Brush the top sides with the balsamic glaze, and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the peach halves to individual dishes and drizzle with the remaining glaze.
- Sprinkle with with crumbled blue cheese.
This is my FAVORITE way to grill peaches! The combination of flavors is fantastic.