Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
We have 6 peach trees and this is one dessert I love to make with fresh peaches off the tree. I don't have fresh raspberry bushes but I'm sure they would work.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, slightly thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- In a blender or food processor, process raspberries and lemon juice until pureed.
- Strain and discard seeds.
- Cover and chill.
- Place the peach halves, cut side up, on a large piece of heavy-duty foil.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle into peach centers.
- Sprinkle with vanilla and dot with butter.
- Fold foil over peaches and seal.
- Grill over medium-hot coals for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- To serve, spoon the raspberry sauce over peaches.
- This is wonderful with vanialla ice cream on top also.
Oh very good! I am not fortunate enough to have any peach trees near me, and frankly, I don't see how you don't spend your entire day gorging yourself on the fresh peaches! I got some farmers market peaches for this, so they were so much better than the store bought rocks they pass off as peaches. I used frozen raspberries instead of the syrupy ones, and it was still very good. I just added a few tbs of sugar before blitzing them. The taste was something like an upside down cake, but fresher and better. Excellent, and will make again soon. Made and Reviewed for PRMR. Thanks! :)