From Ina Garten, Barefoot Contessa. Saw on food network today.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ripe fresh peaches, cut in 1/2 and pitted
- 1/4 cup good dark rum (recommended ( Mount Gay)
- 1/4 cup good almond liqueur (recommended ( Amaretto Di Savonna)
- 8 amaretti cookies, crumbled
- creme fraiche (optional) or vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
vanilla sugar (use 1/4 cup)
- 1Heat grill . When hot, brush the grill with a little oil to make sure the peaches don't stick.
- 2Place the peaches, cut side down, on the grill and cook for a few minutes, until they're slightly charred.
- 3Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 4Place the peaches in an oven-proof dish, sprinkle each half with a little vanilla sugar.
- 5Combine the rum and amaretto and drizzle 1/2 of it on the peaches.
- 6Bake the peaches for about 10 minutes, until they're very tender. Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold with crumbled amaretti cookies on top or with the cookies on the side.
- 7Serve them with a dollop of creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream.
- 8Vanilla Sugar:.
- 9Find a jar tall enough to hold 2 vanilla beans. Fill the bottle with sugar and cover tightly. Store on a pantry shelf. After about 3 months you will have a wonderful ingredient for cooking and baking. Keep adding vanilla beans and sugar to the jar and you will have it for years.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Peaches With Amaretti
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.6
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 16.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: