Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This makes a great dessert following a grilled steak or chicken breasts.
- 4 peaches or 4 nectarines
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon schnapps (optional)
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Cut the peaches or nectarines in half, and remove the pit.
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, orange juice, rosemary, sugar, and schnapps.
- Bring to a boil, and then turn the heat down and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Place the peaches or nectarines, cut side down on the grill.
- Cook the peaches or nectarines for 5 minutes.
- Turn them over, and brush the cut side with the vinegar and orange juice.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill.
- If you are using peaches, slip the skins off.
- Drizzle the peaches or nectarines with the remaining glaze, and serve hot.
These grilled peaches are fabulous. I did omit the rosemary (we just do not like the flavor) and used a pinch of ground cinnamon (did not have the schnapps). I cooked exactly as directions indicated. I served this as a dessert after grilled steak, grilled parmesan potatoes, grilled corn on the cob, and grilled tomatoes. My husband did all the work! Since we love peaches, I will be making this again soon.