Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Schnappsy grilled peaches. Can sub orange juice or mango nectar for the schnapps. From Food Republic.
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup peach schnapps
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 6 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- dark brown sugar, for sprinkling
- of fresh mint or basil, for garnish
- To marinate the peaches: Mix together the lime juice, peach Schnapps or nectar and the honey in a small bowl; pour the marinade over the split peaches. Refrigerate one to two hours, turning occasionally.
- To grill the peaches: Pre-heat a grill to medium hot. Drain off the marinade and pat the peaches dry. Grill the peaches until they just begin to caramelize and are browned in spots, a few minutes on each side. Sprinkle with the dark brown sugar just to get a light coating and close grill just to melt the sugar and make it nice and bubbly; 5-8 minutes.
- To serve: Let the peaches cool until slightly warm. Place two halves on each plate or small bowl. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream. Garnish with mint or basil.