Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ripe freestone peaches
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in shallow bowl and stir to mix, set aside.
- Cut each peach in half around crease to the stone.
- Twist halves in opposite directions to separate them.
- Pry out stone with spoon and discard.
- Lightly brush each peach half on both sides with melted butter.
- Have peaches and cinnamon sugar by grill side, ready for grilling.
- Set up grill for direct grilling and preheat to high.
- Brush and oil grill grate.
- Dip each peach in cinnamon sugar to coat both sides, brushing off excess.
- Place halves on grill and grill until caramelized (dark golden brown), 3 to 6 minutes per side, turning with tongs.
- Transfer to plates and serve peaches with whipped cream or ice cream.
Yum! I have a hard time getting my peaches separated. I got lucky this time, but I usually have to end up just cutting them into dice and using a skewer for the grill. I also sprinkled some ginger into the cinnamon, and used Splenda instead of sugar. Thanks, this is tasty and makes an elegant presentation!
Loved it !!! It was so easy . I wonder how it would taste with a little Bourbon or Brandy? I really recommend this recipe. Use fresh peaches if you can
I had peaches at home the first time I saw this, but when I got home my mother had frozen them. I tried to grill them anyway, but they turned out mushy. The next time, I made sure to use fresh and just ripe peaches, and they were very nice. They tasted like peach cobbler, except without any breading.