Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was inspired by an episode of the Barefoot Contessa, but tweaked a bit to meet our tastes.
- 8 ripe peaches
- 118.29 ml dark spiced rum
- 118.29 ml crushed ginger wafer cookie
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts (optional) or 118.29 ml pecans (optional)
- vanilla ice cream
- Cut peaches in half and remove pits.
- Spray a hot grill pan with cooking spray (or use your grill).
- Cook peaches 3-4 minutes -- just enough to have nice "grill marks.".
- Place peach halves cut side up in a 9x13 baking dish and drizzle with rum, and then sprinkle with cookie crumbs and optional nuts.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Serve hot topped with good quality vanilla ice cream.
I used whipped topping instead of ice cream. It was at hit!