Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Grilling the peaches for this cobbler really takes their flavor to a new level. This is a Paula Dean recipe that I just had to share.
- 8 peaches, peeled, pitted, and halved
- 1 (11 1/3 ounce) can peach nectar
- 1⁄4 cup peach schnapps
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- ice cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine peaches, peach nectar, and peach schnapps. Seal bag, and marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove peaches from marinade, reserving marinade. Grill peaches over medium-high heat (350-400 degrees) for 5 minutes per side. Slice peaches lengthwise; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Place baking dish in oven until butter is melted.
- In a medium bowl, combine biscuit mix, sugar, and half-and-half. Pour batter into baking dish over butter. Arrange peaches on top of batter. Do not stir peaches. Pour reserved marinade over top of peaches.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until lightly browned. Serve warm with ice cream.