Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on ivillage, and here is their description: "Sweet and tangy flavors make this a perfect starter." I've made it twice so far, and it got rave reviews. I used New York Rye Bread for the Bread Machine ("New York Rye Bread for the Bread Machine") Time is a guess, and does not include time spent making homemade bread.
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 8 slice French bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 large ripe yellow peaches, each sliced into 6 wedges
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 56.69 g goat cheese
- 8 sprig marjoram
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, or medium heat for the grill
- Brush 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on the bread slices, and toast or grill until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- toss the remaining tablespoon of olive oil with the peach slices, the lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and pepper, String the slices on 2 or 3 skewers. Grill the peaches over a medium flame until slightly charred. Remove from the skewers and toss with the shallots. Spread the goat cheese on the toasted bread and top with 2 to 3 peach slices and a marjoram sprig. Serve warm.
peaches and Goat cheese! who'd have ever thought they'd be so good. did them exactly as the recipe says, but I did make up the rye bread as suggested. Great dish! Everyone loved it. Thanks for a great recipe thats a keeper.