Recipe by Lou
Found this on ivillage, and here is their description: "Sweet and tangy flavors make this a perfect starter." I've made it twice so far, and it got rave reviews. I used New York Rye Bread for the Bread Machine ("New York Rye Bread for the Bread Machine") Time is a guess, and does not include time spent making homemade bread.
Top Review by half yank
peaches and Goat cheese! who'd have ever thought they'd be so good. did them exactly as the recipe says, but I did make up the rye bread as suggested. Great dish! Everyone loved it. Thanks for a great recipe thats a keeper.
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 8 slice French bread, 1/2 inch thick
- 2 large ripe yellow peaches, each sliced into 6 wedges
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 56.69 g goat cheese
- 8 sprig marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, or medium heat for the grill
- Brush 2 tablespoons of the olive oil on the bread slices, and toast or grill until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- toss the remaining tablespoon of olive oil with the peach slices, the lemon juice, a pinch of salt, and pepper, String the slices on 2 or 3 skewers. Grill the peaches over a medium flame until slightly charred. Remove from the skewers and toss with the shallots. Spread the goat cheese on the toasted bread and top with 2 to 3 peach slices and a marjoram sprig. Serve warm.