Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 4 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Spread peanut butter and jam on two slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
- Butter the outsides of sandwiches; grill in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown on each side.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
I used to make these all the time!! I actually thought I invented them at one time LOL Very very tasty treat!
Sometimes I just feel like a sweet sandwich and out comes the peanut butter and jelly. After I saw this posted, I tried it and loved it and then tried it again and loved it again. Try some chips in it. Yum!
I love this sandwich. There is nothing like warm pnutbutter! A trick I learned from a chef friend of mine is to use mayo instead of butter on the outside of the bread. Gives the sandwich a grilled flavor to die for, browns beautifully and is easier to spread than cold butter. I also mayo on my grilled cheese..