Recipe by blucoat
This is a 'Cooking light' recipe that uses the classic beef pastrami on grilled salmon. Allspice is a fairly strong spice, so if you're sensitive to its "burn," use the lesser amount. Use a whole center-cut salmon fillet so that it will cook more evenly than a cut that contains the thinner tail end.
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) center-cut salmon fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 7 ingredients. Place salmon fillet, skin side down, on a cutting board or work surface; brush evenly with olive oil. Sprinkle spice mixture evenly over salmon; gently rub mixture into fish. Cover lightly with plastic wrap, and chill 15 minutes.
- Place fish, skin side down, on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.