Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a nice grilled pizza that's a bit different. Serve with a salad and beer.
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb strip steaks or 1 lb bottom sirloin steak
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in half
- 2 red onions, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
- 4 pre-baked prepared pizza crust or 4 flat bread
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces havarti cheese, grated
- Place the pepper, garlic, cinnamon, salt, allspice and cayenne pepper in a resealable bag and mix well.
- Add the steak, tossing to coat and let stand 1 hour.
- Pre-heat grill and cook steak 5 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and let stand 10 minutes.
- While steak is resting grill the onions and red bell peppers.
- Remove and slice into thin wedges.
- Slice steak very thin.
- To assemble pizzas spread equal amounts of pesto on each pizza round.
- Top with the peppers, onions, steak and cheese.
- Place pizzas on grill over medium low heat and cook until bread rounds are golden brown and cheese is melted.