Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is dish that will serve 24 (7 or 8 shrimp a person) if you simply triple all the ingredients. It's great for parties and gatherings.This can be made ahead also.
- 3 lbs fresh unpeeled jumbo shrimp
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2 large red onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle olive oil and vinegar dressing
- fresh flat leaf parsley sprig
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired.
- Squeeze lemon juice from lemon halves to measure 1/4 cup; set juice aside. reserve and chill lemon halves for later use.
- Grill shrimp, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350F to 400F) 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Place in a large bowl.
- Cut each pepper into 4 large pieces; cut each onion horizontally into 3 large slices.
- Grill vegetables, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat, 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until bell peppers look blistered and onions are crisp-tender, cut into 2-inch pieces. Add grilled vegetables, chopped parsley, and garlic to shrimp in bowl.Pour vinaigrette and lemon juice over mixture, stir to coat and combine.Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Arrange reserved lemon halves in a deep serving bowl (these act as a strainer). Spoon marinated shrimp and vegetable mixture over top of lemon halves. Garnish.