Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Take a break from usual baked potatoes-and keep the oven cool in the meantime-by cooking these spectacular "spuds" on the grill. Since there's no need to boil the potatoes ahead of time, this tasty, no-fuss favorite is sure to become a timeless classic in your recipe collection. Courtesy of Simple and Delicious Magazine.
- 1 lb small red potato
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated (I add alot more, so to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt (I add about 1 teaspoon, to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (I add about 1/2 teaspoon, so to taste)
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large bowl. Add onions and oil; toss to coat. Spoon into the center of a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 inches x 12 in.) that has been sprayed with pam or use non-stick foil.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle over potato mixture. Fold foil into a pouch and seal tightly.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
I will definately be making these all the time! They were delicious! I didnt have red potatoes so I used russet potatoes. I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil and I omitted the onions and added a teaspoon of onion powder instead. And since its too cold to be out grilling right now I made them in the oven using a foil pouch as recommended. It took about 30 minutes at 375 for them to be tender. Thanks so much for sharing! I loved them!!
These potatoes were very good tasting, however with my antiquated gas grill they took 1.5 hours to steam in their foil wrapper and the last half hour, I wound up cranking up the grill to high on both burners. Also the last 10 minutes I opened up the foil and added more parmesan cheese to the top of the potatoes allowing the cheese to brown with the foil rolled back. Made as a thank you to the host of the Summer Spectacular 2009.
These were so easy and no pan to wash, especially helpful when camping! Made recipe as written. Next time we will add a lot more seasoning. Thanks for the recipe!