Recipe by diner524
Take a break from usual baked potatoes-and keep the oven cool in the meantime-by cooking these spectacular "spuds" on the grill. Since there's no need to boil the potatoes ahead of time, this tasty, no-fuss favorite is sure to become a timeless classic in your recipe collection. Courtesy of Simple and Delicious Magazine.
Top Review by mommi2juju
I will definately be making these all the time! They were delicious! I didnt have red potatoes so I used russet potatoes. I also used olive oil instead of vegetable oil and I omitted the onions and added a teaspoon of onion powder instead. And since its too cold to be out grilling right now I made them in the oven using a foil pouch as recommended. It took about 30 minutes at 375 for them to be tender. Thanks so much for sharing! I loved them!!
- 1 lb small red potato
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated (I add alot more, so to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt (I add about 1 teaspoon, to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (I add about 1/2 teaspoon, so to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a large bowl. Add onions and oil; toss to coat. Spoon into the center of a large piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18 inches x 12 in.) that has been sprayed with pam or use non-stick foil.
- Combine the Parmesan cheese, oregano, garlic salt and pepper; sprinkle over potato mixture. Fold foil into a pouch and seal tightly.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.