Recipe by juniperwoman
This is a simple and good recipe from bettycrocker.com. NOTE: This recipe is even better if you double the cheese and bread crumbs. Or, if you would like to cut the calories down, toss the potatoes with some seasonings (we like garlic salt and pepper), the breadcrumbs and a drizzle of olive oil, and omit the butter and cheese.
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 2 (30x18-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Divide potato slices evenly onto foil sheets. Sprinkle with salt and melted butter.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over potatoes. Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packets, seam side up, on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat 18 to 23 minutes, rotating packets once, until potatoes are tender.
- To serve, place packets on plates. Cut large X across top of each packet; carefully fold back foil to allow steam to escape.