Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple and good recipe from bettycrocker.com. NOTE: This recipe is even better if you double the cheese and bread crumbs. Or, if you would like to cut the calories down, toss the potatoes with some seasonings (we like garlic salt and pepper), the breadcrumbs and a drizzle of olive oil, and omit the butter and cheese.
- 4 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut 2 (30x18-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Divide potato slices evenly onto foil sheets. Sprinkle with salt and melted butter.
- In small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; sprinkle over potatoes. Bring up 2 sides of foil so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packets, seam side up, on grill. Cover grill; cook over medium heat 18 to 23 minutes, rotating packets once, until potatoes are tender.
- To serve, place packets on plates. Cut large X across top of each packet; carefully fold back foil to allow steam to escape.
Good taters! I grilled this for about 30 minutes. I used olive oil instead of butter, and added some bacon bits and a bit of garlic. Thanks!
There were just okay for us. I think next time we will definitely double the seasonings or something. It was a little plain as is.
We loved this dish!! I will be making this again and again. I did double the cheese and bread crumbs, as suggested. I also cut the recipe in half and cooked the packet for 30 minutes. Came out real tender and flavorful. Thanks, juniperwoman for posting.