Recipe by mwolach
A quick and easy sandwich with some great flavor. I invented this one day when I wanted Italian and DW wanted chicken.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 4 sandwich size pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 hamburger buns or 4 Italian rolls
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chicken pieces into a large gallon plastic baggie.
- Close and pound to consistent thickness.
- Add oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper, italian seasoning, and garlic powder.
- Seal baggie and toss to mix. Make sure that the chicken pieces are covered evenly.
- Open baggie and add parmesan.
- Close and toss again to mix parmesan and ensure adequate coverage.
- Grill for 7 minutes per side on oiled grill or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. The chicken will stick due to the parmesan cheese. This is normal.
- When done place onto buttered buns/rolls and top with cheese slice and sauce.