Recipe by A Messy Cook
This delicious grilled side dish will add nutrition and flavor to any meal. Recipe is from Light and Tasty’s April/May 2005 issue. I love broccoli anyway, and grilling veggies always kicks them up a notch.
Top Review by Julia Lynn
I've made this several times now and it never gets old! I also discovered while sneaking bites that the marinade is just as good if you leave the broccoli raw. I gave an aunt the recipe because she loved it so much and since it was raining and they sauteed it and said it was still delicious. FIVE STARS!!!! EDIT: also great sauteed...
- 6 cups fresh broccoli stems
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place broccoli in large bowl.
- Combine next four ingredients, drizzle over broccoli, and toss to coat; let stand for half an hour.
- Spray grill rack before preparing grill for indirect heat.
- Toss broccoli again and drain marinade; place Parmesan in large ziploc bag and shake broccoli, a few pieces at a time, with the cheese to coat.
- Grill broccoli, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender.