Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This delicious grilled side dish will add nutrition and flavor to any meal. Recipe is from Light and Tasty’s April/May 2005 issue. I love broccoli anyway, and grilling veggies always kicks them up a notch.
- Place broccoli in large bowl.
- Combine next four ingredients, drizzle over broccoli, and toss to coat; let stand for half an hour.
- Spray grill rack before preparing grill for indirect heat.
- Toss broccoli again and drain marinade; place Parmesan in large ziploc bag and shake broccoli, a few pieces at a time, with the cheese to coat.
- Grill broccoli, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender.
I've made this several times now and it never gets old! I also discovered while sneaking bites that the marinade is just as good if you leave the broccoli raw. I gave an aunt the recipe because she loved it so much and since it was raining and they sauteed it and said it was still delicious. FIVE STARS!!!! EDIT: also great sauteed...
Loved this recipe. I found the directions weren't too clear about how to bbq the broccoli, and the DH and I thought it would really make a mess to put it straight onto the grill, so I wrapped the broccoli in tin foil and cooked it that way. I was in a rush and did not have time to marinate, but that did not detact from the wonderful flavor. Next time, I will marinate the broccoli with garlic...drain it... put it on the bbq in a wok with holes in it...cook the broccoli the add the parmesan cheese at the end and let it melt onto the broccoli. However method you choose to cook this veggie, you will be bowled over how good it taste. Good find, Messy
Delicious!! Perfect side dish for BBQ chicken and rice with black beans. Instead of salt, I added about a tablespoon of teriyaki sauce. It was perfect! We have one of those gas grills with a grate on it which is perfect for plunking down veggies directly on the grill. If you have a traditional grill with the wide slots, they make wire baskets specifically for grilling. I have one and it allows you to shake/stir your veggies so they get an even char. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.