Recipe by ovendiva
Really tasty salad. The grilling brings out a great flavor in the veggies and the light dressing is very good.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cucumber, unpeeled, seeded and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 10 large basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 red onion, sliced into rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 3 large pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into 3 large pieces
- 1⁄2 thin baguette, cut into 1-inch thick slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill, brush rack with oil.
- Whisk together the garlic, mustard, vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Place the cucumber, tomato, basil and capers in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss together. Set aside.
- Brush 1 side of the onion slices and the peppers with olive oil. Place olive oil side down on the grill. Cook for 4 minutes. Brush other side with olive oil, turn them over and continue cooking an additional 4 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the grill and place on a cutting board. Slice the peppers 1/2-inch thick, separate the onion rings and add them both to the cucumber mixture.
- Brush the bread slices on both sides with olive oil and toast them on the grill until golden. Add them to the cucumber mixture. Pour the reserved vinaigrette over the vegetables and toss together. Serve warm.