Recipe by Karen From Colorado
Once you have these potatoes, you will never bake another potato. These are so good served just as you would a baked potato.
Top Review by JoAnn
Very nice and different way to make potatoes. I have made a similar version on the grill but never thought to make them in the oven. Worked great. The green pepper was a nice addition to them. I used Lawry's Seasoning Salt and they were very tasty. Next time instead of the butter I may add a couple of slices of bacon on bottom and top for added flavor.
- 2 -3 large potatoes, washed and thinly sliced with peels left on
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and rings separated
- 1 small bell pepper, thinly sliced lengthwise (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- garlic salt
- pepper (Or any other seasoning that appeals to you at the time)
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear off enough foil that when its folded over the potatoes, you can still seal all openings.
- Toss the potato slices, bell pepper and the onion rings with seasonings in a large bowl.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of butter on 1 half of the foil.
- Top the butter with the seasoned potato and onion mixture.
- Place the rest of the butter on top of potatoes.
- Close foil over the potatoes and fold the edges all around to completely seal in all the ingredients.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or grill for about an hour on the bbq, turning often.
- Serve with addition butter and sour cream if desired.