Recipe by LAURIE
I love pork tenderlions. This came from another web site and is really easy to do on the grill. Cooking time is not including marinading time.
Top Review by J. Ko
Thank you, Laurie, for posting such a delicious recipe! My family and I really enjoyed this; even my picky 6 year-old. I could not make exactly as directed due to the fact that I did not have any reduced sodium soy sauce (just reduced quantity a little and subbed some water) or dry sherry (substituted an equal amount of mirin - a Japanese cooking wine). A wonderful summer BBQ recipe that I will be making again and again!
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 1-cup glass measuring cup, combine soy sauce, sherry, garlic and ginger.
- Place tenderloins in a resealable plastic bag; pour soy sauce mixture into.
- Seal bag securely; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours,
- turning bag occasionally.
- Drain marinade into small saucepan. Sprinkle five spice powder on tenderloins. Grill tenderloins, covered over medium.
- coals, turning occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until instant read thermometer
- inserted in center of meat registers 160 degrees.
- Tenderloins will be barely.
- pink in center.
- While tenderloins are cooking, add Hoisin sauce to marinade in.
- Bring to a boil; simmer uncovered until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Brush mixture evenly over tenderloins during last 5 minutes of grilling, turning once.
- Carve tenderloins crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.