Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love pork tenderlions. This came from another web site and is really easy to do on the grill. Cooking time is not including marinading time.
- 1⁄3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- In a 1-cup glass measuring cup, combine soy sauce, sherry, garlic and ginger.
- Place tenderloins in a resealable plastic bag; pour soy sauce mixture into.
- Seal bag securely; refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours,
- turning bag occasionally.
- Drain marinade into small saucepan. Sprinkle five spice powder on tenderloins. Grill tenderloins, covered over medium.
- coals, turning occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until instant read thermometer
- inserted in center of meat registers 160 degrees.
- Tenderloins will be barely.
- pink in center.
- While tenderloins are cooking, add Hoisin sauce to marinade in.
- Bring to a boil; simmer uncovered until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Brush mixture evenly over tenderloins during last 5 minutes of grilling, turning once.
- Carve tenderloins crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
Thank you, Laurie, for posting such a delicious recipe! My family and I really enjoyed this; even my picky 6 year-old. I could not make exactly as directed due to the fact that I did not have any reduced sodium soy sauce (just reduced quantity a little and subbed some water) or dry sherry (substituted an equal amount of mirin - a Japanese cooking wine). A wonderful summer BBQ recipe that I will be making again and again!