1/1 Photo of Grilled Oysters With Bacon, Dijon & Green Onion Butter
2 hrs 30 mins
Just in time for the end of summer, these grilled oysters made with Twisted Butter Bacon, Dijon & Green Onion Butter are the perfect addition to any summer barbeque. When frozen, any butter left over lasts up to a month, and can also be added to enhance any basic dish, such as garlic bread or grilled steak. For this recipe and more, visit http://www.twistedfoods.com/!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices hickory-smoked or apple wood-smoked bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 1 cup twisted butter bacon, Dijon Mustard & Green Onion Butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- rock salt
- 24 shucked soft-shell clams, on the half shell
- 1Cook bacon in a heavy medium skillet over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to food processor. Add Twisted Butter Bacon, Dijon Mustard & Green Onion Butter, garlic, Italian parsley, cilantro, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and coarse salt. Blend until smooth, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl. With machine running, gradually add white wine, then fresh lemon juice and continue to process until blended.
- 2Place large sheet of waxed paper on work surface. Drop butter mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls onto paper in long log. Using the paper as an aid, shape butter into a 2-inch-diameter log. Wrap to enclose; chill butter until firm, at least 2 hours.
- 3Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Spread 1/2-inch-thick layer of rock salt on large rimmed baking sheet. Place baking sheet on grill rack and heat 20 minutes.
- 4Cut twenty-four 1/8- to 1/4-inch-thick rounds from cayenne-butter log. Transfer hot baking sheet from grill to heatproof surface. Nestle oysters in hot rock salt. Top each oyster with slice of cayenne butter.
- 5Return baking sheet with oysters to grill. Close grill and cook until butter melts and starts to brown, about 6 to 8 minutes. Spoon a shallow layer of additional rock salt onto each of 6 plates. Nestle 4 grilled oysters in the rock salt on each plate and serve.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Oysters With Bacon, Dijon & Green Onion Butter
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.5
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 19.0 mg
- Sodium 380.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: