Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a nice start to a barbeque. I used shucked bought oysters. You can also grill them and place in a bowl and sprinkle with cilantro and let guests serve themselves. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 24 large raw shucked oysters, patted dry
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 12 wooden skewers, soaked
- Stir together onion, hoisin, garlic& pepper flakes.
- Add oysters and marinate for 15 minutes.
- Thread 2 oysters onto each skewer.
- Place on greased grill over high heat.
- Brush with reserved marinade.
- Cook, turning once, for 2 minutes or until firm.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
This was a great marinade and excellent way to cook oysters. I only had some fairly small oysters so placed three on each skewer.