Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low fat, low GI. Delicious and nutrious way to eat squid
- 2 squid steaks
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons of toasted cashews
- 1⁄4 cup snow peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- In a gridle, dry grill the squid stakes until slightly charred and set aside.
- Boil the wild rice until tender and set aside.
- In a hot wok, cook the onions and peppers in the oil for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and mangetout, cook for another two minutes.
- Add the oyster and fish sauce, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the water and turn the heat down.
- Add the squid stakes and lemon juice and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove the squid stakes and place on hot serving plate.
- Serve the rice on top of the stakes and sprinkle with the cashews.