1/2 Photos of Grilled Orange Sesame Chicken and Vegetables
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 oranges
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 6 small zucchini, cut on the diagonal 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1Cut 1 orange into wedges (peel intact); set aside.
- 2Of the remaining 2 oranges, remove zest of 1 and juice of both; place zest and juice in a glass bowl.
- 3Add lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, and mustard; whisk.
- 4Slowly whisk in sesame oil; set aside.
- 5Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound with a meat tenderizer to 1/2 inch thick.
- 6Place chicken in a glass bowl; pour half reserved vinaigrette over chicken.
- 7Coat thoroughly, cover with plastic wrap, and chill 1-2 hours .
- 8Heat a grill or grill pan until very hot.
- 9Coat asparagus and zucchini with olive oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 10Grill vegetables and reserved orange wedges until tender.
- 11Remove chicken from marinade; season with remaining teaspoon salt; discard marinade.
- 12Grill until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- 13Arrange chicken and vegetables on platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 14Serve with remaining reserved vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Orange Sesame Chicken and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (470 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.1
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 768.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 11.2 g
- Protein 31.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar