- 3 oranges
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 6 small zucchini, cut on the diagonal 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cut 1 orange into wedges (peel intact); set aside.
- Of the remaining 2 oranges, remove zest of 1 and juice of both; place zest and juice in a glass bowl.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, and mustard; whisk.
- Slowly whisk in sesame oil; set aside.
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound with a meat tenderizer to 1/2 inch thick.
- Place chicken in a glass bowl; pour half reserved vinaigrette over chicken.
- Coat thoroughly, cover with plastic wrap, and chill 1-2 hours .
- Heat a grill or grill pan until very hot.
- Coat asparagus and zucchini with olive oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Grill vegetables and reserved orange wedges until tender.
- Remove chicken from marinade; season with remaining teaspoon salt; discard marinade.
- Grill until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables on platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with remaining reserved vinaigrette.
This dish was pretty good but a lot of work that can be avoided. I make a similar dish when grilling chicken. Melt some marmalade in a saucepan, mix in a teaspoon of sesame oil and brush chicken while it is on the grill.
Very good. I steamed my veggies and oranges on the grill in foil. Probably will use even more orange next time.
This Chicken recipe tasted great, my family really liked it. Also the left over chicked breast made great sandwiches on a kiaser rool. It did take longer to prepare than the recipies I usually make but it was worth the effort!