Top Review by nosorrow4u
This dish was pretty good but a lot of work that can be avoided. I make a similar dish when grilling chicken. Melt some marmalade in a saucepan, mix in a teaspoon of sesame oil and brush chicken while it is on the grill.
- 3 oranges
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 6 small zucchini, cut on the diagonal 1/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 1 orange into wedges (peel intact); set aside.
- Of the remaining 2 oranges, remove zest of 1 and juice of both; place zest and juice in a glass bowl.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar, pepper, and mustard; whisk.
- Slowly whisk in sesame oil; set aside.
- Place chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap; pound with a meat tenderizer to 1/2 inch thick.
- Place chicken in a glass bowl; pour half reserved vinaigrette over chicken.
- Coat thoroughly, cover with plastic wrap, and chill 1-2 hours .
- Heat a grill or grill pan until very hot.
- Coat asparagus and zucchini with olive oil; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Grill vegetables and reserved orange wedges until tender.
- Remove chicken from marinade; season with remaining teaspoon salt; discard marinade.
- Grill until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables on platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with remaining reserved vinaigrette.