Recipe by Peter J
A way that I cooked a whole flounder on the BBQ that turned out well. The orange juice runs through the fish during cooking giving it a sweet flavour, while the remainder of the rind when placed to the side of the dish can be eaten from time to time as a more sour offset.
Top Review by Heydarl
This was a wonderful dish. I couldn't find flounder anywhere, so used barramundi fillets, but it was still fabulous. Will definitely make this again. Thanks Peter for sharing this keeper.
- 1 whole flounder, gutted and prepared
- 1⁄2 medium orange, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Place flounder on top of piece of foil large enough to wrap it securely.
- Cover with orange slices and sprinkle with pepper and herbs.
- Wrap tightly in foil and cook in a pre-heated BBQ with hood down for approximately 30 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Open the foil and continue to cook approximately 15 minues with the BBQ hood still down.