A nice change, the orange/jalapeno/cilantro works well with the fish. The cooking time does not include the 20 minute marinade time. You can also do ahead by cooking the fish, flake it, mix with sauce and refrigerate until just before using, warm fish gently on a pan, then just place on tortillas and serve This is adapted from a Kraftcanada recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, light flavored is best
- 1 orange, peeled,pith removed and sectioned
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded,membranes removed,finely chopped (or use less)
- 1 1/2 lbs red snapper or 1 1/2 lbs halibut or 1 1/2 lbs sea bass or 1 1/2 lbs other firm white fish fillets
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed (I have used Sun Dried Tomato tortillas too tasted great)
- 1In your blender/food processor combine the BBQ sauce, orange sections& Jalapenos, process until smooth.
- 2Reserve 1/4 Cup of the marinade, pour remainder into a sealable plastic bag.
- 3Place fish in bag with the marinade& refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 4Remove fish & discarde the marinade.
- 5Grill the fish over medium heat for 4 minutes, flip, grill a further 2 minutes or until the fish is cooked, cool slightly.
- 6Combine the reserved 1/4 cup marinade with green onions, orange juice & Cilantro.
- 7Spoon sauce onto the middle of each tortilla, divide the fish evenly on each, fold over once and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Orange Fish Taco/ Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.1
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 350.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 26.4 g