Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice change, the orange/jalapeno/cilantro works well with the fish. The cooking time does not include the 20 minute marinade time. You can also do ahead by cooking the fish, flake it, mix with sauce and refrigerate until just before using, warm fish gently on a pan, then just place on tortillas and serve This is adapted from a Kraftcanada recipe
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce, light flavored is best
- 1 orange, peeled,pith removed and sectioned
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded,membranes removed,finely chopped (or use less)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red snapper or 1 1⁄2 lbs halibut or 1 1⁄2 lbs sea bass or 1 1⁄2 lbs other firm white fish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed (I have used Sun Dried Tomato tortillas too tasted great)
- In your blender/food processor combine the BBQ sauce, orange sections& Jalapenos, process until smooth.
- Reserve 1/4 Cup of the marinade, pour remainder into a sealable plastic bag.
- Place fish in bag with the marinade& refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove fish & discarde the marinade.
- Grill the fish over medium heat for 4 minutes, flip, grill a further 2 minutes or until the fish is cooked, cool slightly.
- Combine the reserved 1/4 cup marinade with green onions, orange juice & Cilantro.
- Spoon sauce onto the middle of each tortilla, divide the fish evenly on each, fold over once and serve.