Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Grilled Orange Chicken Skewers W/Cranberry Plum Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 6 chicken thighs, skinned and boned
- bamboo skewer, soaked in water for 30 min
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 green bell pepper, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 navel orange, cut into half slices
Cranberry Plum Sauce
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup plum preserves
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Cut each chicken thigh into 12 small pieces. On a bamboo skewer, place 3 pieces of chicken alternately with 1 piece green bell pepper and 1 piece red bell pepper. Set aside.
- In large shallow baking dish, combine all remaining ingredients except the orange to make marinade. Dip chicken skewers in mixture to coat; arrange skewers in baking dish, cover and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- At cooking time, prepare Cranberry Plum Sauce; keep warm until needed. Drain chicken. Place skewers over hot charcoals, grilling for 3 to 5 min.; turn once or until chicken is done, about 2 minute on each side. (Or, broil skewers for 4 min., turning skewers once to cook about 2 minute on each side.).
- Arrange on serving platter around bowl of Cranberry Plum Sauce. Garnish with orange slices.
- Cranberry Plum Sauce: In medium saucepan, mix all ingredients. Whisk mixture over medium heat until well-blended and hot. Pour into small serving bowl. Serve warm with chicken.