Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This chicken has a wonderful flavor and the citrus makes it nice and tender. Plan ahead, because it does need to marinade 1-2 hours. We enjoy using the leftover chicken on top of mixed green salads. Prep time does not include maridading. Grilling time is estimated.
- 680.38-907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 44.37 ml chopped fresh orange sections
- 78.07 ml orange juice (fresh squeezed is best)
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 14.78 ml lime juice
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 9.85 ml dried oregano (I like to use Mexican Oregano for this)
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml salt
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; seal then lightly shake to mix.
- Add the chicken then turn to coat well.
- Seal and refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill uncovered, over medium-hot coals, turning often, 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear.
Fresh orange juice is a must! The chicken was in the marinade for about 3 hours. The end result was moist, flavorful chicken. It was served on a bed a wild a brown rice with Broccoli With Red Pepper Flakes and Garlic Chips.
Deliciously moist chicken and an easy marinade mixture using pantry staples. All my family enjoyed their chicken tonight and the recipe was already gluten-free suitable :D Photo also to be posted
This is a great marinade for chicken! Short marinade time and made with ingredients I always have on hand is a real plus too. This combination of flavors made a great blend with no one flavor overpowering the others. Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!