Recipe by Babs in Toyland
This recipe is from "Cooking Light" magazine and is a favorite of everyone I have given it to. Loads of flavor and easy.
Top Review by Princess Peggy
My husband and I love this recipe. We make it at least once a month. We like it the best when cooking it on the grill on top of some aluminum foil. That way you can pour the marinade on as you are grilling it to make it more juicy and flavorful. We also marinade it for a VERY long time! Can't get ENOUGH of this marinade!
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 "inch" thick)
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large zip top bag, and add salmon to bag.
- Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 1& 1/2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Remove salmon fillets from bag, reserving marinade.
- Place salmon on broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade.