Prep 1 hr 35 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe is from "Cooking Light" magazine and is a favorite of everyone I have given it to. Loads of flavor and easy.
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 "inch" thick)
- cooking spray
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large zip top bag, and add salmon to bag.
- Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 1& 1/2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Remove salmon fillets from bag, reserving marinade.
- Place salmon on broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
My husband and I love this recipe. We make it at least once a month. We like it the best when cooking it on the grill on top of some aluminum foil. That way you can pour the marinade on as you are grilling it to make it more juicy and flavorful. We also marinade it for a VERY long time! Can't get ENOUGH of this marinade!
I have made this twice now, and will likely not make salmon any other way - if I can help it! Delicious, easy -- and I don't usually like salmon. I marinated it longer -- most of a day -- and love this on the charcoal grill. Thanks for a great recipe!
I have been making this recipe for a while now and it is absolutely the only way my family will eat salmon. We even get disappointed if any of us order salmon at a restaraunt! It is so so good & even better on the smoker after marinating all night!