Recipe by Oolala
From Grill and Barbecue Cooking by Ideals. Marinade the chicken (several hours or overnight) and then grill.
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- hot pepper sauce, generous dash
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses, dark
- 6 lbs chicken parts, with skin, on bone
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine beer, salt, pepper, lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, orange extract and peel, brown sugar, and molasses; blend well.
- Place chicken in a shallow pan or use sturdy zip lock style bag.
- Pour marinade over chicken.
- Cover or seal and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Drain marinade from chicken; reserving marinade.
- Prepare grill and cook pieces about 45 minutes or until tender, truning and basting often with the marinade.