Grilling asparagus is wonderful. If you cannot grill them, the oven works just as well.
Make and share this Grilled or Oven Roasted Bell Peppers and Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (or can use olive oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Fire up the grill or preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make butter sauce (or olive oil) by mixing melted butter with red pepper flakes, dried minced onions, and minced garlic.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Trim asparagus and cut off hard ends.
- Arrange asparagus spears and sliced bell peppers on foil lined cookie sheet.
- Coat vegetables with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Dirzzle butter sauce over vegetables. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until asparagus is just tender, but still crisp.