Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Grilling asparagus is wonderful. If you cannot grill them, the oven works just as well.
Make and share this Grilled or Oven Roasted Bell Peppers and Asparagus recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (or can use olive oil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Fire up the grill or preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Make butter sauce (or olive oil) by mixing melted butter with red pepper flakes, dried minced onions, and minced garlic.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Trim asparagus and cut off hard ends.
- Arrange asparagus spears and sliced bell peppers on foil lined cookie sheet.
- Coat vegetables with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Dirzzle butter sauce over vegetables. Toss to coat evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until asparagus is just tender, but still crisp.