Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Adapted from "Festive Entertaining." Different from the other versions on Zaar as there is no sugar in this version. Plan ahead - prep time includes letting the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours. If using skinless boneless chicken breasts, then cook them about 7-9 minutes per side or until no longer pink but still juicy.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs whole chickens, cut into parts (6-8 pieces)
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (optional)
- Mix together the garlic, oil, mustard and lemon juice in a blender and porcess until smooth.
- Add rosemary and pepper.
- Brush over chicken pieces, cover, and chill 6 hours or overnight; discard any excess marinade.
- Prepare grill by brushing grates lightly with oil andheating to medium heat.
- Grill chicken 12 minutes (meaty sides upward), flip over and cook another 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Or, if broiling, preheat broiler to the broil setting and place chicken on an oiled broiling pan.
- Broil about 7 inches from the heat source for about 25 minutes, flip over and broil another 20 minutes or until fully cooked.