6 hrs 45 mins
Adapted from "Festive Entertaining." Different from the other versions on Zaar as there is no sugar in this version. Plan ahead - prep time includes letting the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 6 hours. If using skinless boneless chicken breasts, then cook them about 7-9 minutes per side or until no longer pink but still juicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 lbs whole chickens, cut into parts (6-8 pieces)
- 3 garlic cloves, quartered
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- salt (optional)
- 1Mix together the garlic, oil, mustard and lemon juice in a blender and porcess until smooth.
- 2Add rosemary and pepper.
- 3Brush over chicken pieces, cover, and chill 6 hours or overnight; discard any excess marinade.
- 4Prepare grill by brushing grates lightly with oil andheating to medium heat.
- 5Grill chicken 12 minutes (meaty sides upward), flip over and cook another 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked.
- 6Or, if broiling, preheat broiler to the broil setting and place chicken on an oiled broiling pan.
- 7Broil about 7 inches from the heat source for about 25 minutes, flip over and broil another 20 minutes or until fully cooked.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled or Broiled Rosemary Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.9
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 200.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 29.7 g