Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy way to prepare yams, with a quick compound butter.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (use any type yam or sweet potato)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or enough to coat)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄8 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Wash & dry yams.
- Coat outside with olive oil.
- "Bake" in a medium hot grill 45-60 minutes or until done.
- You can also bake in a preheated 400F oven.
- While the yams are cooking, melt the butter in a small dish.
- Add the sugar & spices and stir until combined.
- Refrigerate until firm, serve with the yams.