Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
I noticed very few recipes here on Zaar which use edible lavender so I decided to find some really good ones and post them! I didn't even know you could EAT lavender until I read Rita L's page long ago. Now I notice that one of my FAVE restaurants uses it! brazosbelle.com This recipe is from GreenEmporium.com
Top Review by BakinBaby
I've never cooked with lavender, so this was really something new for us. We loved it and will certainly make again. Very delicate taste. Made for ZWT5 the Epicurean Queen Team. ( I'll not post my picture, Thorsten's is so beautiful.)
- 1360.77 g salmon fillets
- 59.16 ml honey
- 88.74 ml virgin olive oil
- 2.46 ml lavender, crushed
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce or 14.79 ml tamarind paste
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients except salmon, in saucepan over moderate heat, stirring with a wire whisk at all times until ingredients are reduced by one-third, to create a sauce.
- When sauce has cooled slightly, brush on salmon filet.
- Grill salmon, basting with sauce occasionally, setting some aside to top when served. Salmon is cooked when fish flakes.
- To bake salmon, preheat oven to 350. Cover salmon with sauce, setting some aside to pour on salmon before serving.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until salmon is flaky, basting occasionally.
- Wonderful with rice or potatoes.