Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I noticed very few recipes here on Zaar which use edible lavender so I decided to find some really good ones and post them! I didn't even know you could EAT lavender until I read Rita L's page long ago. Now I notice that one of my FAVE restaurants uses it! brazosbelle.com This recipe is from GreenEmporium.com
- Place all ingredients except salmon, in saucepan over moderate heat, stirring with a wire whisk at all times until ingredients are reduced by one-third, to create a sauce.
- When sauce has cooled slightly, brush on salmon filet.
- Grill salmon, basting with sauce occasionally, setting some aside to top when served. Salmon is cooked when fish flakes.
- To bake salmon, preheat oven to 350. Cover salmon with sauce, setting some aside to pour on salmon before serving.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until salmon is flaky, basting occasionally.
- Wonderful with rice or potatoes.
I've never cooked with lavender, so this was really something new for us. We loved it and will certainly make again. Very delicate taste. Made for ZWT5 the Epicurean Queen Team. ( I'll not post my picture, Thorsten's is so beautiful.)
Gorgeous salmon! I grow many of my own herbs here in sunny California, with lavender being one of my top favorites. In this dish, the lavender imparts a delicate floral note that melds beautifully with the other flavors. A real keeper--thanks mama!
This was lovely - the lavender imparts a note that is so reminiscent of Provencal cooking. Served with a faux-hollandaise and we were happy.