1/1 Photo of Grilled Opah With Mango and Avocado Salsa, Citrus Vinaigrette An
Do NOT overcook this fish, as it will become dry! This is good with a side of toasted quinoa. Adapted from a recipe on grouprecipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon honey (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ripe mango, cubed
- 1/4 cup diced red onion, rinsed in cold water
- 1 -3 fresh red serrano chilie, minced (to taste)
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 ripe but slightly firm avocado, cubed
- 2 (6 ounce) fresh opah fillets
- olive oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Make citrus vinaigrette by combining all the ingredients in a jar or a tight-sealing plastic container. Shake to blend.
- 2Make salsa by combining mango, red onion, chile, bell pepper, and cilantro with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette. Very gently, lightly mix in the avocado into the mango mixture. Drizzle with one more tablespoon of vinaigrette, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 3Brush opah with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste, put on preheated grill, cook 6-8 minutes per side, being careful not to overcook.
- 4Or, preheat oven to 375. Season fish with salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick pan with olive oil, and sear all sides of the opah. When all sides have a nice golden brown hue, place pan in heated oven for a few minutes to finish.
- 5Place salad greens and toasted pine nuts in bowl and toss with remaining vinaigrette. Place a mound of salad on each serving plate. Place fish on top the salad then top with mango-avocado salsa. Drizzle any additional vinaigrette around the plate.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Opah With Mango and Avocado Salsa, Citrus Vinaigrette An
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 670.2
- Calories from Fat 486
- Total Fat 54.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 230.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red serrano chilies