Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
I found this in a bj's cooking book. great with grilled steaks
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 Spanish onions (peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices)
- 6 red bermuda onions, peeled and sliced as the others
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- in a bowl,combine thyme,rosemary,vinegar,oil,salt and pepper and mix well.
- arrange onions in a single layer in large contaner.
- pour marinade over onions and let marinate for at least 1 hour and no longer than 4 hours.
- prepare a med-hot grill on 1 side of the grill.
- Arrange onion slices on the side of grill opposite the heat source.
- Grill for 2-3 mins.
- serve warm.