Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this recipe from another website and it is fantastic! It goes great with just about any grilled meat, but my favorite way to serve them is over grilled brats. I have been known to eat these cold on sandwiches the next day. If you are an onion lover this recipe is for you!
- 3 large sweet onions, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Brush onion slices with olive oil and grill for several minutes until tender.
- Remove onions from grill, seperate into rings and set aside.
- In saute pan, mix together mustard, sugar and cider vinegar.
- Add crushed red pepper if desired.
- Add onions to pan and toss to coat with mustard mixture.
- Heat thorougly.
- Serve alongside grilled meats or top burgers and brats with them.
- They are also great cold with sandwiches!