Recipe by *That Girl*
Got this recipe from another website and it is fantastic! It goes great with just about any grilled meat, but my favorite way to serve them is over grilled brats. I have been known to eat these cold on sandwiches the next day. If you are an onion lover this recipe is for you!
- 3 large sweet onions, sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush onion slices with olive oil and grill for several minutes until tender.
- Remove onions from grill, seperate into rings and set aside.
- In saute pan, mix together mustard, sugar and cider vinegar.
- Add crushed red pepper if desired.
- Add onions to pan and toss to coat with mustard mixture.
- Heat thorougly.
- Serve alongside grilled meats or top burgers and brats with them.
- They are also great cold with sandwiches!