Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great hash brown recipe for the grill. This recipe came from a cooking show on the Canada Food Network called "Licence to Grill". I would cut down on the spices somewhat as I found the hash browns a little too spicey for my liking but these are the ingredients the chef used.
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 1⁄2 cups of refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup finley chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat grill to 350°.
- Place a large piece of tin foil shiny side up on the counter.
- Brush the foil liberally with melted butter.
- Place cold, but not frozen potatoes in centre of foil.
- Add onion.
- Toss lightly and drizzle the remaining butter on top of the potatoes and season liberally with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Fold opposite ends of foil up and over potatoes to form a pouch.
- Place the foil pouch on the grill for approximately 25-30 minutes or until potatoes and onions are tender.
- Turn the pouch once during the cooking period.
- Once they are finished sprinkle with parsley.
Not impressed. Not much flavor, too much paprika. MPJ
These were good. I did have the foil break open and made a real mess on the grill. I then transferred it to a grill basket and finished them in there and they turned out really well. Great flavor but they didn't get real crispy.
This one definitely impresses family and friends! Super easy, super good, a great tasting hash brown recipe for the grill! I did cut back on the salt and went lighter with the spices, it was rated fives all the way around. Thank you Darlene10 for another great recipe to be adding to my keepers!